Sunday, April 7, 2013

Books, Books, Books

Went to a comic book convention today. Spent 2 hours going through books, and left with 75 books when I hit my budget limit for comics. I picked up some Dragonball Z (which I want to send to my brother), Ranma 1/2, X-Men, Star Wars, and a lot of Catwoman. I have been on the hunt for old Catwoman books, not only to collect, but I would like to use some to make comic book heels.



I then went to the game store and picked up the Marvel RPG game book so that I can finish building my super hero/super villain (she does what she wants). I have already decided to make her a Crime Master, this will help her know the ins and outs of the crime world. We should finally get to play this Wednesday, I am so excited.



I then wandered down to my favorite used book store where I decided I needed more cook books. I found The Absolute Beginner's Cookbook, and Classic Cooking with Coca-Cola. I can't wait to start cooking, maybe I'll blog about that as I do it. When I told my boyfriend about the cookbooks his question was "Comic book cookbooks?" That prompted me to go on a hunt on amazon and sure enough I found one and ordered that and multiple books from my wishlist. It truly was a day for books and it was glorious.

So I bought more books, but my bookshelves are not ready for now books. I'm still in the process of cleaning and organizing my room. So I decided it was time to tackle my bookshelves. I gathered up all of my books that were not shelved and shelved them (by author for the fiction books, the non-fiction still needs work). Then it was time to tackle the taller shelf. I pulled books out and stacked and went through them. I pulled a huge stack that weren't even mine but my dad's, so that promptly left my room. By the end of it I had narrowed 3 shelves of books down to two, leaving me with a new shelf for my gaming stuff. I used the top shelf for my rpg books and cookbooks, and the second shelf for my board games, the bottom two shelves were my non-fiction books. I don't plan on leaving the book shelf there when I start moving furniture, but it works for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment