Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goddess of Spring

So not long ago I finished book 2 of P.C. Cast's Goddess series, "Goddess of Spring." The book is about a baker who finds a cookbook and with it calls upon Demeter who in order to save the bakery switches her with her daughter Persephone, Goddess of Spring. Lina, in Persephone's body makes the journey to Hades to complete her part of the deal and unwittingly falls for the Lord of the Underworld.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for stories involving Hades and I'm a girl who likes smut on occasion. Of course when Hades is compared to Batman, I was hooked. So I devoured the book and moved on, but I still find my mind going back to it on occasion, such as tonight. I couldn't very well make a 11pm run to the library seeing as it's closed, so I opted to have a night of girly fun (especially after the hard day I've had today). Soak in the bath, pjs, and finally painting of the fingernails. I came up with something that was inspired by Hades and Persephone.

I chose to put gold coins on my pinky (Hades is the god of wealth and fortune), a flower on my ring finger, the Lapis Lazuli precious stone on the middle finger, a white flower a quick version of the Narcissus flower mentioned in the book on the ring finger, and finally on the thumb the Amethyst precious stone. I chose the stones because in the book Hades was fond of precious stones and used them in his palace.

So that was my night. I don't pretend to be good at painting my nails but I enjoy doing it on occasion and having nail designs inspired by books is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment