Saturday, October 17, 2015

Relaxation with Halloween Style - Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub

The last two posts were on the negative side of things, but I am happy to report things are starting to turn around. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things at my new job, I have a new wonderful and caring boyfriend who is everything my ex wasn't for me, and I'm starting to get to crafting again.

My new craft thought I am very happy to share. I have had a constant battle with my legs. I hate them, I've got marks where the leg hair should be but I shave. I've recently done some digging around: one of the solutions that I found was to start using body scrubs. Well... that's well and good but that can get expensive. I'm not going to give up though. It's time to start with the DIY.

This body scrub that I mixed up I got from Homemaking Hacks and this was a great, quick thing to whip up. I've spent the last several days trying it out on my hands and have seen a considerable difference in how soft they are. Next, I'll move to my legs but it will take weeks before a difference is noticed. So in the meantime, I thought I'd share this great body scrub with you.



Since it's fall, this Pumpkin Pie Sugar & Spice Body Scrub was a no brainer.

Ingredients:
1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup of Oil of Choice (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Instructions

1. Blend and place sugar and spices in a water proof container.

   Add oil slowly and blend periodically until all of the oil has been added.

 
2. To use, gently rub the scrub onto your skin. Massage lightly with your fingertips, rinse with warm water.
 
Use caution when using oils in the shower or tub, it gets slippery.
 
 
I'd like to make this again with other types of oils such as coconut oil which can be very good for your skin, but I used what I had on hand.
 
 
What's great? This batch can be separated into smaller jars and given as gifts!
 

Don't these Halloween Pumpkin Scrubs look to die for?



No comments:

Post a Comment