Thursday, September 10, 2015

Stress

I've seen and experienced quite a bit of stress in my life: I can't think of anyone who hasn't. But for the first time in awhile, I was aware that stress was my problem. I didn't want to eat, I started to get break outs (at 26, that sucks), and felt so unhappy and overwhelmed with everything.



I then started removing the stressors (one I was apparently feeling removed himself, but that's a different topic). I woke up early from a day of stressful night of tossing and turning. I got dressed, forced myself to move and put on makeup and do my hair. Still not hungry, I took my medication and got a message from a friend. "You need to talk, let's talk." Completely out of the blue but actually needed. I told him I was getting ready to walk across town or figure out the bus system to go borrow my mom's car and run errands. "Wait for me, I'll pick you up. We'll do the errands together, too."

He picked me up and by that time I had been able to work out in my head what I needed to do. As he drove me to my mom's workplace we worked out what the day was going to look like. I was to get the car, we were going to meet up at the thrift store so I could get 2 new pairs of jeans (I had 2 pairs rip in what was possibly one of the worst days of my life). Found 2 pairs and paid about $13. Awesome savings! Then it was time to go figure out a new phone as it had become aparent that I had to figure out that part. Did I want to stay on a phone plan I hated but got on because I put trust in somebody who decided that they wanted me off their plan asap after walking out of my life? No, no I didn't. I didn't need that phone as a reminder and I didn't need that plan to struggle with and get angry at him every time I couldn't find a signal when I needed it. I found a phone at the phone store. I turned back on my old number, still under my parent's name, set up the payment plan, and paid what I needed to with a check.

Stop #3? B-dubs for lunch! I was treated to a nice lunch by the friend who picked me up. I was looking for something cheaper but he was "Nope, you're getting treated to something tasty. I don't know how long it's been since you've been out to a restaurant and you need this." So I let him buy me lunch.



After that met with my old beau and dropped some stuff off to him as well as the phone that he thought was so important. I didn't want to give him the impression I wanted him completely out of my life, but I didn't say that. How else was I to express this was for the best so I wouldn't continue to dwell on the anger that was starting to surface for everything that I had been through? Still don't feel like I can talk to him about my feelings. Either I'll be seen as taking advantage of his feelings or something worse.

So after a difficult lunch but one that left me feeling upset but somehow better. Weirdness. I went back to pick up my mom, we headed to the bank. Signed the paperwork for a loan and I went home with her to get a ride to get my repossessed car. I was able to get that and drove back home. Spent the rest of the evening with friends and went to bed, where I slept beautifully.

Sleep was great, waking up was great, coming to work was great, I was actually hungry today. I feel good today. And that was because I spent an entire day working on removing stressors in my life. It doesn't always happen in one day, but when it does, you really notice.

So my readers, and I know there are at least a few of you. When was the last time you powered through destroying the stress in your life? How did you handle it? Did most of it happen in one day like it did for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment