Sunday, June 30, 2013

Redecorating!

So shortly after my brothers moved out, I moved into their room and out of the basement. I spent a few years just not caring about where I put my stuff because it really wasn't my room. It still had the boring white walls with ugly half painted red and blue trim and shelving. I hated it.

And here is where the red and blue comes in...
And the hideous ceiling...

In all honesty it was fine for a boys room, not fine for me. As much as I can be "one of the guys," I'm still very girly. I like my dresses, I like my fingernail polish, and I like styling my hair. This room did not emulate any of that. It was still the boy's room with my stuff in it.

I decided enough was enough and immediately started planning how I was going to change this to make it mine. Picked out paint colors, started planning on where I'm going to move the stuff around to, etc. Getting to the point of actually getting the job done was a bit of a headache. But finally I am happy to say that I have painted my room and even started hanging pictures.

One of the walls I display all of my toys and collectibles and decided to get a painting of mine framed as well as hang up a few of my photographs that I had dry mounted onto mat boards.

And this wall, which is far from finished... and try to ignore my messy bookshelf and desk...
And the ceiling is now a tan color that compliments the green walls. Probably won't be here long enough to replace the ugly black fan, but I did give it a good cleaning.

I still have more pictures to frame to hang around the room and a bit more organizing to do, but the room is coming along and I couldn't be happier to spend time in it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment