Sunday, August 23, 2015

Time to Lose those Extra Pounds!

After a early morning run to Convenient Care yesterday morning after waking up to what I thought was a UTI, I decided enough was enough. I need to lose this extra weight. As I am recovering from a year and a half of terrible times: dad having a stroke, Diogenes leaving for school for a year, slipping into a bad depression, emergency appendectomy, wisdom teeth removal, and 2 job changes, to name a few, I am starting to rebuild my life.

I am at a job that I like, a job that deals with mental health and on bad days for my clients and I can actually see how bad it may be on my bad days for those around me, which forces me to keep myself in check. I am working on pulling myself out of debt. I am a few steps away from getting my car back from repossession. Now, today after looking over the lab results seeing that I do not have a UTI and taking what the CC Dr had to say, it's time to take this seriously. I have been steadily putting on weight for quite awhile.



I hate how I look in full body pictures. I don't feel sexy at all. I look at my younger sister in her small frame and I remember a time when I was the same size she was. I can do it. I can get back to where I was before I stopped caring about myself: about my physical and mental health.

The Convenient Care Dr thought my biggest issue was weight gain. She said being overweight and not drinking enough water can actually show the same symptoms of a UTI without the pain, like I was experiencing.

So, here goes. Time to drop the soda, time to pick up the water, fruits, and eating as healthy as I make my clients eat.



I'm going to work hard, working evenings will just mean that I have to get up at a reasonable time to walk. When I get my budget figured out, hopefully a morning workout class, like dance. I miss dancing. I miss playing sports competitively. Those two things might have to be built up to. What I think would work, utilize the rest of the summer and fall until it gets to be too cold to spend mornings or evenings walking, definitely pacing myself (old sports injuries).


So this is my starting point (this is the boring part):
My weight is a whopping 108.9kg or 240lbs 1.3oz , height is 5' 4.5" so that makes my BMI: 40.6 which places me in the Obese area by quite a bit.

Measurements:

Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
48.25"
Chest: Measure just under your bust
40.5"
Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
42"
Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
50.25"
Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
28.25"
Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
19.5"
Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
15"
Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
12"

Next: Clothes are also a good way to track weightloss

Shirts: XL
Pants: 19 Short
Coats:

And finally #1, sleep: According to my age 7-9hrs. I'm going to shoot to go to bed about midnight and wake up at 7-7:30a.


Time to get started. I'll add a page to track this or just give it a label for easy tracking for anyone that cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment