Thursday, August 13, 2015

Stash Bash! Birthday Edition

So Monday was my niece's birthday and I quickly dove into my stash of fabric to find something good to use for her birthday present. I discovered some leftovers from a quilt.

A quick google search showed I had enough for what I wanted to do. A blanket and pillow for her American Girl doll. I even had extra stuffing and padding. So here we go:


This 8 year old in my life is a huge frozen fan and absolutely adored the frozen pillow I made her for Christmas. So for her birthday, her doll got an Olaf pillow and a reversible blanket.


I think she was very happy with this and I really enjoyed jumping back into sewing with this quick project that really helped me destress from the first 2 weeks of a new job and family/relationship drama. I was in a great mood the rest of the day.

The blanket was cut 21" x 18" wide and I added blanket padding since I had that laying around. After I sewed three sides I flipped it outside out and used my quilting thread to sew through the blanket o keep the parts together then finished up the end. Followed up around the other sides to make it look uniform.

The pillow was 9" x 12" and three sizes were sewed before being stuffed with stuffing and the final side was closed up.

Overall for a first try at doll bedding, it turned out great in my opinion and the opinion my niece so I think that is the most important.



No comments:

Post a Comment